“Nikki Rodriguez... has a special focus on graphic design, digital art, and typography. Most of the projects in her portfolio reveal her inspiration that generates from a profound sense of wonderment. Mostly, she is playing with the elements of space, astrology, and the negative vs. positive that indicates an explorative mind.”
Happy Lucky • Freelance Designer, 06.2018
In my role as freelance designer at Happy Lucky, I work with the Adidas creative team in a supportive role, making myself available nights and weekends to meet each project deadline.
- Contributed to brainstorming efforts and ideation.
- Designed and delivered presentation decks, creative collateral, and mockups in order to meet evolving client expectations.
- Planned in-store activations, including in-store displays, social media integration, and seeding kits.
- Worked with Influencers; identifying, contacting and planning their role throughout the product launch.
- Initiated social media and roll-out calendars to create a more organic, viral launch.
- Implemented new ways to use social media as a medium to create a more exciting and dynamic campaign.
Porkbun • Design Director, 10.2017
At Porkbun I lead all marketing efforts and launched a complete design overhaul as the company reached a notable level of growth and recognition. I played the role of account service, project management lead, design and production.
- Revised and reorganized the company’s brand structure based on audience (B2B, B2C).
- Designed and developed a new brand identity, including a more successful UI.
- Deployed a successful affiliate program which included digital communications, software development, and direct mail.
- Educated the company on best branding practices as part of the marketing overhaul.
- Directed all marketing efforts, overseeing everything from concept to copy and design to production.
- Helped revamp the user interface of www.porkbun.com, following a user experience exploration and study.
TBWA\ The Integer Group • Art Director, 10.2015 - 10.2017
As lead art director for Pella’s premium line of windows and doors, I designed the creative while developing the strategy behind their most successful product launch campaign in history.
- Responsible for the concept, design and execution of high-level campaigns targeting consumers throughout the shopper marketing journey.
- Aided in new business pitches and brainstorms.
- Developed case studies and award-level presentations.
- Worked closely with teams throughout the network to create holistic campaigns and launches.
- Fulfilled extra-departmental roles: copywriting, translating, illustration and animation.
- Presented creative ideas to internal teams and clients.
- Built out interfaces for www.pellacraftedluxury.com, www.pellaatlowes.com, and worked on the creative behind the Pella Insynctive app.
- Organized, designed and facilitated the development of the updated Pella Contractor program email campaign.
JDG Creative Labs • Freelance Art Director, 03.2015 - 09.2015
I was brought in as a freelance consultant specifically for my expertise in print packaging design. I was given the freedom to work with local printers to develop the best quality products with the budget that we had.
- Achieved a high-level understanding of printing processes.
- Facilitated the creative and printing processes for local small business clients.
- Gained experience in roles like media buying and account service, while working at a boutique agency.
Ogilvy & Mather • Art Director, 06.2013 - 02.2015
Alongside my daily roles I was also part of the creative team responsible for brainstorming, designing and producing award-level work. My daily responsibilities included:
- Led a team of designers, copywriters and art directors through the concept and launch of multiple nation-wide campaigns.
- Directed photoshoots and TV spots.
- Managed asset library, asset guidelines and asset buys.
- Designed advertising look and feel, based on global toolkit/guidelines.
- Collaborated frequently with media and PR teams to deliver print ads, outdoor media, activation and shopper experience, digital ads and social media.
- Presented creative ideas to internal teams and clients.
Saku • Founder & Creative Director, 12.2012 - 12.2014
This uniquely designed experimental art magazine was a side project I launched with a few colleagues. It redefined the editorial style in its community and has received international recognition for its unique art-like design.
- Coordinated, directed and retouched photoshoots.
- Identified collaboration opportunities with artists throughout Latin America to create unique content.
- Designed new layouts for every edition.
- Translated, illustrated and scouted for each issue as needed.
- Managed business-facing aspects including obtaining sponsorship and media sales from local businesses.
Appalachian State University Resident Assistant, 08.2007 - 06.2009
As an outstanding member of the Residence Hall community, I was inducted into the National Residence Hall Honorary the year I became an RA. I also held the role of Vice President of Service, helping organize several hours of community outreach for our chapter of NRHH.
- Supervised 28-32 students in my residence hall.
- Served as a community leader, offering advice to my residents on a broad range of collegiate issues.
- Planned inter-departmental programs, aimed to involve students with relevant collegiate and community departments and organizations.
- Revamped art for community integration including name tags, program posters and additional signage.
UNITEC Graphic Communications
Universidad Nacional Padagogica Preschool Education
Appalachian State University Political Science & Economics, Spanish
COURSES & WORKSHOPS
UI/UX Amanda Morrow
Bid Ideas Fabiana Renault, Escuela Superior de Creativos Publicitarios
The Big IdeaL Ranjiv Ramgolan, Ogilvy Latin America
AMA Innovation Awards Best of Category • Direct Marketing, 2018
AMA Innovation Awards Best of Category • Interactive Marketing, 2018
AMA Innovation Awards 2nd Place • Integrated Marketing, 2018
American Advertising Awards Gold • Integrated Campaign, 2018
American Advertising Awards Gold • Video Series, 2018
American Advertising Awards Silver • Photography, 2018
American Advertising Awards, Silver • Illustration, 2017
Festival Antigua Bronze • Print Ad, 2016
Festival Caribe Silver • Print Ad, 2016
Natural Recall Venice Italy
RAW Omaha, Nebraska
Female Gaze Des Moines, IA
Plein Air Des Moines, IA
80/35 Posters Des Moines, IA
AIGA ALLCAPS Des Moines, IA
National Residence Hall Honorary
Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority
20 Collaboration Skills Every Marketing Manager Needs
Contributed to article by Max Benz, 07.2018
30 Incredible Women Designers From The World Of FIFA!
Was featured in article by Janil Jean, 06.2014
Adobe After Effects
Sketch + Invision
Misc Skills & Hobbies:
Writing & Translating
Organizations & Volunteer:
Girl Scouts of America
Portland Ad Fed
Ladies Get Paid
Portland Women in Tech
Latinas in Tech
ADIDAS | APPLE | ALIANT ENERGY | BALDWIN | CHRYSALIS | CLARO | COCA-COLA | GRIPEX | GO NUNU | HOTEL HONDURAS MAYA | HUAWEI | KOHLER | KUKULKAN (LGBT+ RIGHTS) | LG | MATTEL | PELLA | PORKBUN | REPUBLICA DE HONDURAS | SAFETY FIRST | SAVE THE CHILDREN | TEDX | WIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE ZAMBOS | ZIXX
Please feel free to contact me with questions about my work or if you're interested in working with me in the future.